- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)
- Registered Social Worker (RSW)
Availability: 18-20+ direct client hours per week
Term: 2-year contract
Job Type: Full-time private practice counsellor (not an employee)
Remuneration: 65/35 split. = $70,000 - $85,000 per Year
Fraser Valley Counselling (FVC), located on Clearbrook Road in Abbotsford is currently looking to expand its dynamic and integrated team of clinicians. Two private practice contractor positions are available for Registered Clinical Counsellors or Registered Social Workers.
Being a trauma centre, Fraser Valley Counselling is looking for counsellors who are trained in EMDR, OEI or other trauma related therapies. While we offer a variety of services outside the field of trauma, applicants who possess additional education in this domain would be an asset.
- The ability to offer in-person and virtual appointments.
- Training in the following areas preferred: DBT, EMDR, OEI, EFT.
- Clinicians willing to engage in staff meetings, continuing education and to the overall growth of FVC.
- Ability to work with children ages 12+
- Knowledge and experience working with ICBC and/or other third-party providers.
- Counselling in another language (Punjabi).
- Looking to work 18-20+ direct client hours per week.
- Clinicians who would be interested in providing group therapy or psychoeducation workshops and training.
- A Master’s level university degree in counselling, psychology, social work, or a related discipline.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) designation from the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors.
- Registered Social Worker (RSW) designation from the Canadian Association of Social Workers.
- Individuals in the process of obtaining their designation may be considered.
- One-year+ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience preferred.
Why Work With Us?
- The Director has 17+ years experience in the counselling/marketing field.
- FVC does extensive Marketing/Advertising
- FVC fills your calendar!
- POS machine & supplies (debit/visa machine)
- Provides Shaw Internet
- FVC offers opportunities to grow and learn by providing free consultation.
- Flexible working schedule and hours.
- Ability to work and connect in a multidisciplinary group.
- Paperless web based encrypted software program, Owl Practice, which specifically caters to counsellor’s calendars/client session notes, etc.
- FVC provides daily client invoicing along with the collection of payments within the Administrators on duty office
hours (otherwise the Counsellor will be responsible for invoicing and collecting payments).
- Booking & rescheduling appointments
- Comfortable, upscale fully furnished office.